Thursday, December 10, 2015

Horses: A Glimpse at Beauty, Power, and Spirit

It is often said, "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man." Horses give us a glimpse of beauty, power, and spirit. There certainly is something about them that strikes awe in humans. I have no fancy camera and sometimes I only capture these moments with my eyes, but occasionally I have been lucky enough to catch the moments that you wish you could see in person over and over again,


A view of the Smoky Mountains between the ears of Munch, a Shetland Pony/Quarter Horse cross. The moment was breathtaking. Thank you Munch for the pleasure.


Carpe Diem after winning the 2015 Blue Grass at Keeneland. This is quite possibly one of the most handsome horses I have ever laid eyes on. I didn't notice until after I snapped the picture that I caught the race fractions and final time in the background.


Miss Believin' strikes a pose as something catches her attention while grazing. I feel so grateful to own this horse. She is my pride and joy.


Smoky leads American Pharoah out to exercise. This was when Pharoah was training at Churchill before going on to be the 12th Triple Crown winner at Belmont. The horse breezed by so fast you missed him if you blinked.


WGC Courageous Lord shined in his retirement. One of the most talented Saddlebreds I have seen in my lifetime, winning the Five Gaited World Grand Championship three times.


Frivolous the day she won the Locust Grove at Churchill Downs, She may not have captured a grade one, but I really liked this beautiful mare. She always tried hard and I can't wait to see her foals.


Got Lucky, Untapable, and Yahilwa in a close finish for the Juddmonte Spinster at Keeneland. Dark from the sun glaring at the grandstand, and photobombed by the excited spectator, but that is what horse racing is all about.


As sad as this picture is, it shows a beautiful friendship between horses. Bella gave her final goodbyes to her friend, WC CH Ima-Starbuck. Starbuck taught many five gaited lessons to youngsters. He was the first horse some of them got to slow gait and rack on.


Beholder greeting her fans and posse at Keeneland.



I've never seen a horse love a camera as much as Honor Code. I had a simple phone yet the handsome man couldn't stop from trying to turn around and get his picture taken. What a ham!


Effinex certainly did prove himself in 2015.


The incredibly handsome Tonalist with Effinex in the background.


Keen Ice


American Pharoah certainly was a happy horse after his Breeders' Cup Classic win.


It was dark and I had a bad phone camera, but this is one of the coolest moments of my life.


Ahh Chocolate after winning the Falls City at Churchill Downs.


Ahh Chocolate could be on a Thanksgiving Day card. I didn't realize I caught the message in the background until after I snapped the camera.


A Kentucky sunset is always more beautiful with a horse in view (especially if it's Bella).

To all the horses that have created memories for me, thank you.

"Horses: If God created anything more beautiful, He kept it for Himself."




No comments:

Post a Comment